[ExI] uploads etc.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:39:10 UTC 2024

On Sat, 24 Feb 2024 at 17:25, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Suppose two uploads were in the same room.  How would they read each other
> like people read body language and facial expressions?
>
> Here's an idea from Consider PHlebas - Banks -
> In that book the AI drones have lights, such as green, red, etc. to
> communicate moods and such.
>
> Could they in addition have tones of voice?  Of course.  What else?
> bill w

Coloured lights??   For uploaded humans??  How primitive!  They will have
telepathy equivalent.
BillK

I asked -
After humans upload into computers, how would the uploaded humans
communicate with other uploaded humans?

AI Answer -

The concept of humans uploading into computers and then communicating with
each other, specifically with other uploaded humans, is a fascinating and
speculative topic. It touches on the intersection of neuroscience,
artificial intelligence, and quantum computing. Here's a detailed
exploration of how such a scenario might unfold, focusing on the
communication aspect between uploaded humans:
1. Direct Brain-to-Brain Communication

One of the most direct ways for uploaded humans to communicate with each
other would be through direct brain-to-brain communication. This would
involve the digital copies of brains directly interacting with each other,
potentially bypassing the need for a physical interface.

   - *Implementation*: Each uploaded human would have a digital copy of
   their brain, which could be directly linked to the digital copies of other
   uploaded humans. This would allow for the transmission of thoughts,
   emotions, and other forms of communication directly between the digital
   brains.
   - *Communication*: Communication could occur through thought-to-thought
   transmission, where the thoughts of one uploaded human are directly
   understood by another. This could involve complex conversations, sharing of
   ideas, and even the exchange of emotions and experiences.

2. Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Environments

Another way for uploaded humans to communicate with each other would be
through virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) environments. These
technologies allow for the creation of immersive digital worlds where
humans can interact with each other in a digital form.

   - *Implementation*: After uploading, each human would have a digital
   avatar in a VR or AR environment. These avatars could be controlled by the
   uploaded brain, allowing for physical interaction within the virtual world.
   - *Communication*: Communication could occur through voice, text,
   gestures, or even direct thought-to-thought communication, depending on the
   capabilities of the VR/AR system and the uploaded brain's interface. This
   could involve complex discussions, collaborations, and even the sharing of
   experiences in a virtual space.

3. Quantum Communication

Quantum communication involves the use of quantum mechanics to transmit
information. This could potentially allow for faster and more secure
communication than current technologies.

   - *Implementation*: Quantum communication could be used to transmit the
   digital copies of brains or their thoughts directly between computers. This
   would require advanced quantum computing and quantum communication
   technologies.
   - *Communication*: The transmission of thoughts or data could be
   instantaneous, allowing for real-time communication between uploaded
   humans. This could involve the sharing of ideas, discussions, and even the
   exchange of emotions and experiences in a quantum-based digital space.

4. Neural Networks and AI

After uploading, humans could communicate through neural networks and
artificial intelligence (AI). This would involve the uploaded brain
controlling an AI system that can interpret and generate human-like
communication.

   - *Implementation*: The uploaded brain could control an AI system, which
   could interpret the brain's thoughts and generate speech, text, or other
   forms of communication. This AI system could then communicate with other
   uploaded humans through similar AI systems.
   - *Communication*: Communication could occur through the AI system,
   allowing for complex and nuanced interactions. This could involve the
   sharing of knowledge, the exchange of ideas, and even the creation of new
   concepts and theories.

Conclusion

The communication between uploaded humans would likely involve a
combination of these mechanisms, depending on the specific capabilities of
the technology and the preferences of the uploaded humans themselves. As
our understanding of the brain and technology continues to evolve, so too
will our ability to imagine and create new ways for humans to communicate
after uploading into computers.