[ExI] A Paranormal Prediction

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:01:12 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jan 3, 2024, 9:06 AM MB via extropy-chat <

> Before the Ad hominum & political rant list was formed I decided for my
> own peace of mind to block posts from John as he never seemed to stop,
> even after repeated requests.  Unfortunately blocking didn't help much
> since many of his posts were quoted and responded to.
>
> I know people in Real Life like that and I avoid seeing them as much as
> possible. The internet is full of that kind of thing. I do not understand
> why it seems impossible online for people to refrain from responding to
> trolls, and that was how I began to view John's posts.  So tiresome.

Yeah. :(

I outright called him a troll. He challenged me on it.  I realized I was no
better than a troll by labelling others as such.

I wish the rest of us could have simply not reacted to the incessant noise
- because the incessant reactions were just as annoying.  However,
"cancelling" him because he refused to yield has removed another intellect
from this collective.

I miss many of those who were once frequent contributors.  I wonder if this
is a mode of any specific organization, or if the world in general is
spread thin.  I have gained wisdom through self-reflection at the cost of
confidence in asserting an insight.  The gestalt of ideas is difficult to
put into words.