[ExI] Open Individualism

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Thu Jan 4 19:28:38 UTC 2024

On 04/01/2024 16:29, BillK wrote:
> open individualism posits that all individuals are
> fundamentally connected at the level of consciousness. From this
> perspective, you and I are not separate individuals with distinct
> identities but rather manifestations of the same underlying
> consciousness or awareness.

Hm. If this is so, then why is there no experience of it? I certainly
don't experience any consciousness but my own. Can anyone claim otherwise?

I don't see how all individuals (or even just two) can possibly be
'connected at the level of consciousness' without being conscious of it.
The conclusion is that we must be separate individuals with distinct
identities, or we would all be aware that this was not the case. This
seems to describe a 'hive mind', and we are definitely not that.

Ben