[ExI] robot makes dinner

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:58:33 UTC 2024

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 at 13:50, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Thx Daniel,
>
> There were hints the video was faster than real time.  The egg cracking
> scene for instance, that was a big clue.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.  This is a good thing for upcoming robotics
> engineers: there is still work to do.  Plenty of it.  We want a K2SO.  We
> all do: a wisecracking robotic valet to come along with us and help us in
> everything we do.
>
> spike

I don't think it is being over-hyped.
Look at what it is. Two Stanford students (plus an advisor) have
cobbled some kit together to make a robot for a fraction of the cost
of big company robots. They have created teleoperated training,
for a fraction of the cost of training commercial robots.
And the training is far quicker than large database training methods.
And finally, this experimental lash-up actually works!

This is the trial proof-of-concept version.
Everything from now on is optimisation and getting it into production.

The dream of a sex robot that also cooks dinner is just over the horizon!  ;)

BillK