[ExI] it's not? indeed?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jan 19 03:56:54 UTC 2024

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Samantha via extropy-chat
…
Subject: Re: [ExI] it's not? indeed?

>…Rather more importantly the Wuhan lab leak theory was treated as blatant disinformation.  It was punishable on multiple platforms to say you thought it was the most likely explanation, even if you were well credentialed and presented a thorough case.    Fauci and US government pushed such punishment as appropriate and are still pushing to punish and censor misinformation and disinformation.  Determined by whom?  Why, primarily by government of course.   Because they need to product us from wrong think.

- samantha

On 1/18/24 09:06, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

>>…Dr. Fauci has testified before a House subcommittee that the lab leak of Covid19 is not a conspiracy theory….

>>…So… as has been demonstrated repeatedly, just because a notion is a conspiracy theory does not prove it is not true.  The definition has changed: conspiracy theories might be true.  Even if it is true, the lab leak origin of Covid19 is now and will forever be a conspiracy theory.

spike

Thx for that Samantha.

What we have learned is that if something is a conspiracy theory, that doesn’t necessarily mean it is not true.  Some conspiracy theories are true.  2023 was a great year for conspiracy theories.

We have also learned that misinformation and disinformation are not necessarily false.  Both might be true, if those calling it mis- and dis- information are mistaken or have ulterior motives for suppressing or refuting that possibly true information.

The Covid nightmare was most educational, ja?