[ExI] first neuralink

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:05:56 UTC 2024

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 at 04:15, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Neuralink claims they have implanted their first device in a human.
> https://www.reuters.com/technology/neuralink-implants-brain-chip-first-human-musk-says-2024-01-29/
>
> We have been posting about this kinda thing for three decades.  When it finally happens, I don’t know what to think.
> It is easier and more comfortable to write about a disturbing new technology when it is still somewhere in the indefinite future.
>
> spike

There is another company in Salt Lake City already doing this.
<https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/blackrock-neurotech-rival-elon-musk-neuralink-2880658>
<https://blackrockneurotech.com/>

Quotes:
Has Blackrock Neurotech implanted brain chips in people?
Yes. It has implanted more than 50 chips into people’s brains.

What are the company’s goals?
Blackrock Neurotech states that its mission is simple. “We want people
with neurological disorders to walk, talk, see, hear, and feel again.
“We’re engineering the next generation of neural implants, including
implantable brain-computer interface technology that restores function
and independence to individuals with neurological disorders.”