[ExI] Will it be possible to see super heavy booster soft land from south padre island?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:48:11 UTC 2024

I'm flying to Brownsville Texas tomorrow for an attempt  to witness
SpaceX's starship IFT3 launch.

I've been trying to answer the subject question in this email.  When I ask
AIs, it seems to claim you will be able to see it land from South Padre
Island.  But whenever I check the references it provides, I can't find
anything about actually seeing the water soft landing.  This leads me to
believe the AI may be hallucinating the idea that you'll be able to see the
booster land from south padre island, or maybe at least hear the double
sonic boom from the return to land?  There are lots of sources that say you
can see the launch from South Padre Island, but nothing to train the AI on
whether you'll be able to see the booster do its soft landing in the water.

Anyone here know anything about seeing the water soft landing?

Brent