[ExI] AI and Eliezer

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:31:54 UTC 2024

I have been perusing X recently to see what Anders Sandberg and
Eliezer have been saying

Eliezer Yudkowsky
@ESYudkowsky
·
4h
I don't feel like I know. Does anyone on the ground in DC feel like
making a case? To be clear, the correct action is "Shut it down
worldwide" and other actions don't matter; I'm not interested in who
tries to regulate it more strictly or has nicer goals.

·
16m
Replying to
@ESYudkowsky
Given the economic, political, and international realities, do you
think "shut it down" is possible? If not, are there any other options?
You might remember a story I posted on sl4 where a very well aligned
AI caused humans to go extinct (though nobody died).

Keith