[ExI] Communications a Moore's Law Phenomenon?

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:13:25 UTC 2024

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 11:46 AM Mike Dougherty via extropy-chat
> I have also imagined that our AI exo-self will act as agents on our behalf at volumes and speeds that we
> currently cannot comprehend.

It's not hard to imagine that at all.

> I find myself more and more simply not commenting on facebook's content - is it because the content is garbage? Perhaps some.  Is it because bad faith actors will pounce on the least important words while also missing my point completely? Yup, that too.  So yeah, there's another reason we won't actually "talk" directly to each other: talking is more work effort than the reward.

FB has never been high on my list of trusted sources of information.
For a while I was into Instagram, but when they allowed my account to
be stolen and didn't help me recover it, I gave up on them. Youtube is
where I spend the majority of my social media time at the moment.

> fwiw: if it's clear (as etiquette seems to have organically established) that the
> OP couldn't be bothered to write, I see no reason we (the intended audience)
> should be bothered to read.  So maybe your unaugmented self is signalling safety
> and trust for this community by investing the time/effort to write because you intend
> for us to read you.

Just so.

-Kelly