[ExI] Communications a Moore's Law Phenomenon?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Tue Mar 19 09:29:13 UTC 2024

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024, BillK via extropy-chat wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 at 13:52, efc--- via extropy-chat
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> I no longer get 250-300 emails per day, so today I do glance through
>> mail manually when deciding which ones to work on and reply to first.
>> But nice concept though, not even having to do that. =)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Daniel
>

> It might be worthwhile doing a search for extensions for your browser.
> Since AI arrived, extensions have appeared that add AI assistants in
> your browser to help with writing and processing emails.
> Search for "ai email assistant".
> Firefox has extensions like Ellie, Superemail, Voilà, etc
> Chrome has Compose AI, and so on.

Thank you for the suggestion Bill, but I do not use my web browser for
email. I use the secret, superior and very refined email client alpine in
the terminal. ;)

When it comes to an AI:s level of writing it is still not good enough for
me to be able to use that, and since I type quite fast, and since I would
have to read what the AI came up with (I don't quite trust them yet) I
think the time savings will not be that big.

But if development continues at the same pace I would think that this
could be a good option in one or two years.

Best regards,
Daniel