[ExI] libertarians nominate none of these

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 18:45:36 UTC 2024

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 1:47 AM efc--- via extropy-chat

> On Sun, 24 Mar 2024, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
>
> > Now we look around and find that the Libertarian party and Green party
> > are not just as divided, they are more so.  Right when these smaller
> > parties have a chance if they can find a credible candidate, both of
> > those parties find themselves just as fractured and internally
> > incompatible as the big guys, both of the bigger minors failing to
> > find anyone compelling, and even if they did, they couldn't agree on
> > that compelling candidate.  I was hoping both Libertarian and Green
> > would span the gap this year.  Now, it isn't clear either party will.
>
> Is this built into the culture of the libertarian party or is it just
> that the libertarian party has never had any good leadership?

Usually when talking about the party you should capitalize.  There are
lot of lower case people who consider themselves lowercase
libertarians.

It could be built into the culture, but the people who are attracted
to the ideas are just not very cooperative.

> Or is it
> that the existing political system, over time, has been built in such a
> way as to exclude any others besides the big 2?

That too.

Keith