[Paleopsych] A Non-Transhumanist Future

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Fri Dec 23 20:46:20 UTC 2005

Frank Forman here:

We should ask at every opportunity when facing a biocon to ask what
their vision of the future is. I think they would be embarrassed to
say that the future will be very much like the present (or for the
reactionary conservatives, like some ideal point in the past). No more
"Endless Frontiers" as imagained by Vannevar Bush in 1945. I'll send
along Bush's (no relation to either George Bush, or we'd have
heard about it) paper in a moment. It is full of the Central Planning
fallacies that we perhaps at high tide in 1945, to be sure, but it's
inspirational all the same.