[Exi-bay-announce] May 2-8 @ S.F. Lumiere: Documentary: "The Singing Revolution"

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Apr 3 14:08:37 UTC 2008

At 08:59 PM 4/2/2008, Amara wrote:
>Hello Extropes,
>
>David Harris just told me about an upcoming documentary, that I think
>is very special, to be shown soon, in your area in S.F. Don't miss it!
>
>"The Singing Revolution"
>   San Francisco, CA, May 2nd - May 8th at the Landmark Lumiere.
>
>I saw this film at the Boulder International Film Festival last
>February, and it lives up to its promises; it is one of those
>rare films that stays in your mind forever.

You have touched my emotions:  I'm not linked in to this culture as
someone like you or Steve. But I do love my memories of Estonia and
the two weeks I was in Tallinn. The Rector of the Estonian Academy of
Arts invited local opera singers, folk singers, orchestra and theater
to preform for us on four separate occasions.  I had never before
witnessed such enthusiasm, joy and respect for a culture's traditions
and such hope for the future of Tallinn as a design center.

Thanks for this post.

Natasha