[Exi-bay-chat] Re: New to Bay Area

Tue May 18 19:02:49 UTC 2004

Jones, Spike writes:

> Harvey, it wasn't that you were drinking any more than
> anyone else.  Its just that the same amount of alcohol
> found in you so much less body mass to intoxicate.  Perfectly
> good alcohol molecules were left idly standing by searching
> for sober cells to intoxify.

Hmmm....  Using that logic, I may not be generating more creativity or ideas
than average people.  Maybe my brain is just smaller than everybody else's
and appears to be full of ideas at a lower capacity.  This is just another
reason why we need Jupiter brains!

> I followed that line of reasoning and learned to generate
> delightful silliness with no alcohol at all, saving still
> more money.

Excellent!  I do find that I consume much less alcohol than my boring
contemporaries.  I seem to find life itself exciting enough without having
to dull down my perceptions.

> Also, I fear that devouring excessive amounts
> of alcohol could have a detrimental effect on my brain, which
> is undesireable, this being my second favorite organ.

Sadly, alcohol doesn't help your favorite organ either.  As with the brain,
alcohol only fools us into a false sense of accomplishment.

 --
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>