[Exi-bay-chat] Re: New to Bay Area

Jones, Spike spike.jones at lmco.com
Tue May 18 20:33:25 UTC 2004

Jones, Spike wrote:

> Actuality: the party didn't break up until 0045.

hm, maybe i shoulda come later rather than earlier

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/

Ja, or stayed later.  {8^D  Anton it was fun to
have ya bud.  I derived spikes laws of extroschmoozes:

The interestingness of a bunch of extropians or
transhumanists is proportional to the square of the
number schmoozers present.

Spike's corollary of extroschmoozes:

The exasperationality of a bunch of extropians or
transhumanists is proportional to the cube of the
number of schmoozers present.

Exasperating because it is impossible to take in all
the grokitude that is being exchanged in realtime.
Curse our human limitations!  Furthermore I fear that
I can never be a *real* extropian for I am a morning
person, and so become exhausted by around the time
when the hardcore types begin to get fired up.

We had a peak of 20 guys Anton, so it was 16 times as
interesting at that time as when you first arrived, and
64 times as exasperational.  And mind expanding as always.
Proof ---->   {{{{{{{8-]   <--- (self portrait, inspired
by Amara Graps, who first discovered the phenomenon after
Extro 5)

spike