[Exi-bay-chat] A Bay Area transhumanist get-together at 5PM, Sunday March 6th?

Mark Galeck mark_galeck at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 23 05:29:52 UTC 2005

Eliezer,  I agree with you that potlucks at people's houses are far superior
to restaurant outings.  It would be even nicer if everybody put some TLC
into the food they bring, but even with that absent from some offerings, it
still beats a restaurant.  I also commend you for picking a location to live
that is near the center of the known universe.

I see Spike Jones wants to host this meeting.  I can also host one in the
future.  Like you, I live in a 700ft2 apartment, but in my case, I can
reserve the very nice rec room, after 5:30 on a weekend, in my apartment
complex in Sunnyvale, with fridge, microwave, dining ware, restrooms, inside
and poolside tables, heated pool (April-November), big hot-tub.  The only
drawbacks are:  we can't drink ethanol-related beverages without bringing a
public safety officer along (Sunnyvalese for cop), and the manager will hold
me responsible for cleaniness of the place afterwards, (which means
everybody has to pay more attention to not messing up, than if it were my
apartment).

Mark Galecki