[Exi-bay-chat] Stanford Quads starting lessons this Sunday in Palo Alto, CA!

Kennita Watson kennita at kennita.com
Tue Sep 27 10:18:47 UTC 2005

Hello, everybody (apologies to non-local folks)!

Anybody who knows me very well* knows that square
dancing is one of my favorite activities.  It's the
best aerobic exercise I can still do**, and it's got
enough brain work*** and fun mixed in that it doesn't
feel like exercise.

My favorite square dance club, with my favorite
square dance caller (could the fact that he's a
fellow MIT graduate have anything to do with it?
Nah ;-) ) is having free intro nights for this
year's lessons this Sunday, October 2nd, and the
following two Sundays, October 9th and 16th, from
7 to 9 PM.

I never tire of helping out at the beginner class,
even though I dance Advanced and beyond now.  I'll
be there with you!

The location is Fairmeadow School, 500 E Meadow.
The Web site is http://www.stanfordquads.org

Feel free to ask me questions, and to show up,
announced or not, on any or all of the next three
Sundays for the intro session.  If nothing else,
you can try something new, eat some intro-night
snacks, walk some of them off, and marvel at how
John (our caller) can keep track of what 40 or
more people are doing at once.

Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Kennita

*For those who don't, my Web site is
http://www.kennita.com -- there, now you do ;-) .
Yes, it's out of date; needle me enough and I'll
get around to updating it.

**With MS, I don't have very good balance, and
I can't walk very fast or very far, so if I can
do it, so can you (unless you require a cane or
wheels to get around, of course).

***The brain work is the kind that I think makes
the activity interesting to futurists, extropians,
cryonicists, et al.  It's very algorithmic, even
procedural -- well-suited to the engineering
mind -- but with enough connection to music to
engage the right brain as well.  BTW, alternative
music at the proper tempo is welcome; I'd love to
see some composers strut their stuff.