[Exi-east] Trenton Computer Fest & MIT Swapfest this weekend

Steve Witham sw at tiac.net
Thu Apr 14 18:33:56 UTC 2005

>Just a reminder that the next meet-and-greet for the New Jersey
>Transhumanist Association will be held on Sunday, April 16th at 7:00
>PM.

While we await clarification of that date, I wanted to mention two other
events this weekend:

TRENTON, NJ:
    the 30th annual Trenton Computer Festival, Saturday April 16 and
    Sunday April 17, returning to its original venue, The College of New
    Jersey (formerly Trenton State College) in Ewing Township.
       http://www.tcf-nj.org/

    Highlights include a keynote by Brian Kernighan on Saturday afternoon,
    a hands-on collection of old computers from the 1960s to 1980s, and
    the big flea market.

    Except for the Saturday banquet, the show ends at 5 on Saturday and
    5 on Sunday.  Kernighan speaks earlier, Saturday 2:35-3:30.

    Google Maps says driving from Ewing to Clifton takes 62 minutes:
       http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=ewing,nj&daddr=clifton,nj

BOSTON, MA:
    The first MIT Swapfest of the season is Sunday, April 17:
       http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.shtml

  --Steve