[extropy-chat] Transhumanism and non-gender roles

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Dec 2 10:24:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:16:12PM -0800, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> Inherently?  No more than it is a distinct put-off to
> the majority of men, at least by my experience.

We seem to be both trading anecdotes here.

> There are many things that (Western) men and women
> both want, self-control among them.

I'm very certain that there is empiric evidence
that transhumanism acceptance rate in males is at
least an order (maybe two) of magnitude higher than
women.

However, I have no actual statistics in hand, so I can't
prove my case.

> Is not one of the end goals of transhumansism vastly
> increased control over oneself, including the ability
> not to age and die if desired?

Most old people look forward to dying. Too much control
is a bad thing, imo.

You've been soaking in here too long. The bulk of the
world is rural; try preaching there. You'll be surprised...