[extropy-chat] Boredom in old age

Don Dartfield twodeel at jornada.org
Wed Dec 3 14:56:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Max M wrote:

> We can also hope that a exponential growth in technology can make up for
> the "seen it all before" feeling. Or perhaps side-effect-free
> recreational drugs will make it all moot.

I would think that combining these last two ideas would be a good
solution.  Hopefully we will eventually have the technology to get rid of
feelings of boredom whenever they occur and keep that spicy
zest-for-new-things feeling around all the time to drive us onward ...
whether it is implemented as a chemical you ingest, or a device that is
worn or injected or something, or a fundamental re-engineering of our
mental hardware.