[extropy-chat] theobiology

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Dec 5 23:34:59 UTC 2003

A very impressive set of pages, but sure looks like a (meta)joke to me.  The
clarity and consistency of the text speaks louder than the words themselves.

Here's a fun excerpt, found at
http://objective.jesussave.us/pastorscorner.html.

"Some have criticized my stance on triclavianism as being counterproductive,
arguing that making a point of doctrinal contention over not making a point
of doctrinal contention over adiaphora is itself non-salvific. However, my
critics are overlooking the dangers of triclavianistic doctrines: allowing
adiaphora to creep into our credenda -- while possibly pushing the
theologoumenic envelope and providing exciting new opportunities for
supererogative works -- will most often serve to muddy the soteriological
foundation of Faith, leading in general to ultramontane excesses and, in
extreme cases, ebaptization (which is unacceptable pastoral malpractice,
however rare it may be.) Doctrinal integrity, and hence salvific
effectiveness, is best served by working to end triclavianism and similar
erroneous, or simply adiaphoric, doctrines."

- Jef