[ok] Re: [extropy-chat] Communication vs transportation

Henrique Moraes Machado hemm at br.inter.net
Tue Dec 9 11:07:27 UTC 2003

Nice. But it's only more of the same.
What I would really like to see is something more revolutionary than evolutionary. For instance, if we build many space elevators around the globe, people could travel between them using ships that would never need to land. It's some crazy idea, but it's an idea. Ok, it's not possible today, but could be considered.
On the other hand there are other means of transportation that could be used today and are so neglected. Such as dirigibles and ekranoplanes (http://www.ae.metu.edu.tr/~gulkiz/wig.html)