[extropy-chat] Stealing organs finally a crime...

Major extropy at audry2.com
Wed Dec 10 14:28:39 UTC 2003

> Of course.  I have a friend whose job it was to meet with
> African immigrant families to explain to them that it is
> illegal in this country to do female circumcision, not to
> mention cruel and ill-advised.  I have often inquired why
> she has no counterpart arguing the same for the male children.

Probably because while male circumcision may be cruel and ill-advised
it is nowhere near as cruel or ill-advised as the so-called female
circumcision (which is usually clitorectomy in practice).

Major

PS: I am old enough to have been circumcised at birth on medical
advice (apparently it didn't use to be ill-advised 8-).