[extropy-chat] Re: christmas music

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Fri Dec 12 15:19:11 UTC 2003

Spike <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> I do not have an extropic answer to this problem:
> around christmas, all you hear is christmas music,
> for a two solid months, from just before Halloween
> until just after New Years, and it drives me CRAZY.

Right now, I'm tuned in to Metal Express Radio, Norway, via a
Shoutcast.com stream, and it doesn't sound much like Christmas.
More like Iron Maiden in their usual mood, actually.

When I got my ADSL line my consumption of broadcast radio collapsed
to little more than nothing.  There's a lot of free Internet radio
out there, with all kinds of music, and few or no commercials, idiot
DJs, or inane call-in games that plague broadcast radio.

> Consider the words to the little drummer boy for instance.

There's a version by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.  Never listened
to the lyrics, I'm afraid.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de