[extropy-chat] NEWS: They got him!

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Dec 14 13:26:32 UTC 2003

On Sunday, December 14, 2003 8:11 AM Brett Paatsch
bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au wrote:
>>>Saddam Hussein arrested in Iraq
>
>> What more can you say?
>
> Wow. I wonder if any weapons will be
> found now that Saddam can be questioned
> directly? Its interesting that he is still alive.
> Goering made a show of his trial. I wonder
> what Saddam will say if he's given media
> attention and a chance to speak out.
> Interesting times.

I can say something that seems obvious.  The way he was found and the
fact that he was not surrounded by loyalists and supporters seems to
mean he was playing only a small role if any in the resistance to the
occupation.  This, of course, doesn't mean it's not a psychological
victory, but I don't think the guerillas are going to roll over and play
dead now.

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/