[extropy-chat] ALCOR: New CEO

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Dec 15 15:26:34 UTC 2003

I am forwarding this message from Alcor's Board meeting on Saturday:

December 13, 2003
From:  Michael Riskin; Alcor VP, CFO, Board Chairman
Re:  Alcor announces its new CEO, Joseph A. Waynick

First, on behalf of everyone associated with the mission of cryonics, I
wish to once again officially thank Dr. Jerry Lemler for his visionary
efforts as Alcor's CEO these past two years. Retiring from this position
on December 31, 2003, Jerry will continue to support the foundation as
Alcor's medical director and chief spokesperson commencing on January
1,2004. We all wish you, Jerry, the very best of ongoing successes in
whateveryou do, but especially in your fight against the life threatening
illness that attacked you earlier this year.

It is also with great pleasure, that I am announcing on behalf of the
board directors, the selection of Joseph Waynick, who will be succeedingDr
Lemler as Alcor's CEO, commencing January 1, 2004. Joe brings a rich and
successful career combining business, management, and technology to this
position. In addition, he has been elected to the Alcor Board of
Directors, effective immediately.

Having gotten to know Joe on a more personal level, I am confident
that under his leadership he will guide Alcor to even greater heights as
the world's premier provider of cryonics services.

Michael Riskin

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc
President, Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org