[extropy-chat] when will computers improve?

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 00:36:17 UTC 2003

I read something about that recently. I looked for the article but couldn;t
find it. It was about having systems with embedded OSs that didn;t need to
boot at all.

On a side note, there's a really neat new video game out. It has about 8-10
old Atari games on it, all pre-programmed and fit neatly into a device that
looks just like the old Atari joystick!
There is a cord coming directly off the joystick that plugs directly into
the TV. No console. You choose your game and play it!

I know it's not an incredible leap in technology or anything. Just a novel
idea that I have purchased for my kids this Newtonmas for $10.00 at
Wal-Mart. I think they'll enjoy Asteroids, Missile Command, and some of the
other games I used to play as a kid. :-)