[extropy-chat] European Free State Project

Charlie Stross charlie at antipope.org
Mon Dec 22 12:27:47 UTC 2003

On 22 Dec 2003, at 03:29, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> http://europeanfreestate.org/
>
> The FSP has apparently spawned a bunch of efforts using similar names.
> There is the Swing State Project, the Free Arms Project, I have heard
> rumors of a 'Green State Project', and now European Libertarians have
> launched a European Free State Project to establish a similarly
> libertarian free state within the European Union.
>
> The only thing that will shock me would be if one got started in
> China... ;)

China isn't what it used to be, politically _or_ culturally:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1110721,00.html

(That high-pitched whining noise is the sound of Chairman Mao spinning
-- they hooked him up to the national grid and he's keeping the light
bulbs burning throughout Hong Kong.)

On a more serious note, what would you describe Hong Kong as?

-- Charlie