[extropy-chat] A Libertarian experiment?

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Dec 25 08:20:57 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:26:25 -0800 (PST)
Don Dartfield <twodeel at jornada.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Dirk Bruere wrote:
>
> > Well, given that large parts of the world are actually run like this I
> > suggest that you are overly optimistic.
>
> Well, all I'm saying is that in a virtual environment like Alphaville,
> pretty much EVERYBODY misbehaves and does whatever they want -- stuff they
> would not necessarily do in reality.

As opposed to the real world where the vast majority of people endlessly repeat whatever routine managed to not kill them and be remotely tolerable, at least tolerable with currently available legal psychoactives.   At least in the virtual world people don't tend to just sit and grow mold.

-s