[extropy-chat] FWD (SK)[Risks} Pointless Security

Wed Dec 31 15:51:47 UTC 2003

Terry W. Colvin wrote,
> This was posted to the Risks email list.
> [deleted to save space]

I agree totally.  As a security professional, I am constantly reading in my
professional references how the government is ignoring basic security when
they design this stuff.  The homeland security department, electronic voting
machines, and most government security programs are just plain bogus.  They
make no sense to anybody who has security expertise.  They are designed to
make people think they are doing something.  Anybody who investigates the
historical effectiveness of these programs, or analyzes their methods for
correctness, or attempts statistical analysis on them to predict
effectiveness, find that they are critically flawed and unworkable.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,