[extropy-chat] a job for me?

Randy S cryofan at mylinuxisp.com
Thu Nov 6 17:32:05 UTC 2003

Max M <maxm at mail.tele.dk> said:

> Randy S wrote:
>
> > Also there is the cost. Max M here comes from from Denmark, a country
that
> > is run for the benefit of its citizens. Tell us, Max, how much they pay
> > students to go to school in denmark?
>

> Well it doesn't exactly work like that. I am self-employed and make too
> much money to be payed the SU (Sttudy Allovance). But other students can
> receive about $500 a moth to live for. Not much, but enough for a young
> person with no family.
>
> I don't have to pay for tuition however, and that certainly helps. ]

So if Kevin is in Denmark, he can quit his job (thus no income) and get
$500/month to go to school, and he pays no tuition? Right? Plus, if he gets
sick, he can go to the hospital and get it taken care without paying,
correct?

But if he quits his job here in the USA, he is out tuition (approx. 20K
average for a state school in the USA), plus his living expenses (say
$500/month for 48 months == $24K).

And of course he has to pay for medical insurance on top of that, or else
just one day in the hospital will break him.

Total of $40K or so for America, and approximately $0 in Denmark.

Aint America a great country!?