[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Sun Nov 9 01:49:41 UTC 2003

 > Why is there something instead of nothing?

"I don't know" is an acceptable answer here.

I can add things like... "but I strongly suspect it's a wrong question,
because I run into paradoxes when I try to analyze it" or "Are you sure
there *is* something instead of nothing?" or "Maybe if I fully answer 'Why
do people think there is something instead of nothing?' the question will
go away."

Nonetheless, "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, and it remains my
answer for the moment.