[extropy-chat] heterosis, consanguinity and IQ

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal at smigrodzki.org
Mon Nov 10 03:33:15 UTC 2003

Thinking about the postulated role of heterosis in secular IQ trends, I
realized that if there is really a significant influence of panmixis and
heterosis, then their opposite, inbreeding, should register as lower IQ on a
society-wide scale. According to
http://www.consang.net/global_prevalence/map.html, there are countries with
rates of consanguinity orders of magnitude higher than in the rest of the
world. Do their inhabitants have a lower IQ? I wasn't able to find data on
these countries, but I am sure they exist.

Rafal