[extropy-chat] Depressing Thought. from Laurence of Berkeley

kevinfreels at hotmail.com kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:23:57 UTC 2003

>From another perspective, aren;t the stockholders themselves out to swindle
the corporation and minimize their losses? It's not like most stockholders
give two shits about the company they have stock in as long as their stock
is increasing in value. Once it starts to dip, they sell their stock and
move on to something more fruitful. This manipulation of the company's stock
in turn affects the value of the company. A really greedy and uncaring day
can put a multi-million dollar company into bankruptcy.
How is that any different?