[extropy-chat] Social Implications of Nanotech (tiny rantlet)

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 01:17:23 UTC 2003

Content-free waste of bandwidth follows.  Proceed at
your own risk.

--- Robin Hanson <rhanson at gmu.edu> wrote:
> On 11/15/2003, Dan Clemmensen wrote:

<snip>

> >>... As with PCs today, open source product design
> >>and file sharing of
> >>stolen product designs could become issues.
> >
> >... The term "stolen" is value-laden.
>
> Perhaps, but I don't see another term that so
> connotes the issue.

How about "liberated"?, "initiative-accessible"?
"proprietary-control compromised"?, "involuntarily
open-sourced"?, "free-range"?, "pre-owned"?,
"post-controlled"?, or my personal favorite,
"off-white"?

Best, Jeff Davis

   You assist an evil system most effectively
            by obeying its orders and decrees.
                          Mahatma Gandhi