[extropy-chat] brain scans for racial attitudes

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 21:31:10 UTC 2003

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Or not:
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/17/1069027045722.html
>
> < The scientist who led the research said she was stunned when she
> saw the results. "I was shocked. I couldn't believe we got this
> correspondence with the brain activity," said Jennifer Richeson,
> a neuroscientist at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire.

Of course they have trouble accepting it. If it holds water, then the
lefties will have to admit that racism is a genetic artifact, or
perhaps a diseease, just like homosexuality, alcoholism, and drug
addiction, and therefore not the fault of the individual, not something
they can 'choose'. Perhaps the racist may be justified in applying for
welfare disability payments if their racism impacts their ability to
keep a job... Hate crimes, of course, could no longer impart more sever
sentences if the perpetrators cannot help themselves... Odd when one
liberal prejudice smacks head on into another one.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey