[extropy-chat] possible new record prime

bradbury bradbury at blarg.net
Tue Nov 18 11:14:42 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:32pm Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Oh my, November is a wonderful month.  The GIMPS project
> has had a report of a hit, a new record prime, which
> will be the 40th Mersenne prime.
[snip]
> Ahhhh, life is gooooood.  {8-]

Hmmm Spike -- I think someday you and I and Eli and
Robin and a few other folks are going to have to sit
down and have a serious discussion about what makes
life good.  I am certain that new Mersenne's primes
do not keep the blue people entertained.  It also
seems unlikely that they would function well as a
reason for keeping The Blue Man Group entertaining us.

"good" would seem to be a very relative term.

Robert