[extropy-chat] Device puts you in the right state of mind

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Sat Nov 22 16:31:52 UTC 2003

>From Geek.com and ZDNet: Dreamfree Inc., a South Korean company, has a new
computer accessory unlike any other. This one is designed to generate the
appropriate brainwaves to induce an individual into a chosen mental state.
Some of these mental states include sleep, vitality, meditation, relaxation,
tape study, study, and concentration.
The company does this though its EEGFree device. EEG stands for
ElectroEncephaloGram, another fancy word for brainwaves. The device consists
of hi-tech goggles which flash light impulses, and a set of headphones to
produce sound impulses. By utilizing these light and sound patterns the
EEGFree device can assist users in changing their brainwave activity to
match a desired state.
This must be a very nice gadget and perhaps it also works in a fashion, at
the same time I do not believe this technology is operational yet. But
surely it will come, at that time one will be able to choose a mood and a
state of mind like today one can choose a new look. Some will say this is
dehumanizing, on the contrary I think it will be humanizing. Animals don’t
choose their look, or their mood.
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103_2-5109628.html
http://geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Nov/gee20031121022781.htm