[extropy-chat] Device puts you in the right state of mind

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Mon Nov 24 11:25:01 UTC 2003

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

>>From Geek.com and ZDNet: Dreamfree Inc., a South Korean company, has a new
>computer accessory unlike any other. This one is designed to generate the
>appropriate brainwaves to induce an individual into a chosen mental state.

Where on earth have you been? We've been doing this for many, many
years. We started with EEG and have now added GSR, MEG and TMS. I even
have a wearable version. You can also record states of mind and use
biofeedback to reproduce the same mood. I have a library of emotional
states to play with.
What is it with extropians and neuro tech? Everybody seems to be living
in the dark ages?

> I do not believe this technology is operational yet.

Well it was this morning. If it isn't now, we'll get an engineer in.

> But
>surely it will come, at that time one will be able to choose a mood and a
>state of mind like today one can choose a new look.

...I'll get back to you  :  )
AR