[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: Gun control

Daniel Matthews dan at 3-e.net
Sun Apr 4 22:15:07 UTC 2004

Last time I checked, the figures for the USA, indicated that more women are
murdered in one month, by men with hand guns, than solders have died in Iraq
in one year. Total deaths by shooting are much higher, I chose the subset to
highlight the predatory nature of the killings, which are more war like, thus
comparable.

It would appear that, in the USA, people have learnt to control their guns,
with deadly accuracy.

Don't take my word for it, do the math yourself.