[extropy-chat] Re: blah snip: Gun control [Australia]

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 22:55:43 UTC 2004

On Sun Apr 4 16:34:01 MDT 2004 Mike Lorrey wrote;
> NH is 1.23 million, not 300k. If you are complaining about the
> population differential between Oz and NH, you are guilty of your own
> sin here.

No - He's just pointing out that you are not comparing like with like
and therefore reaching meaningless conclusions.

Which is exactly what I was also trying to point out with regard to UK
crime figures.

In US violent crime, somebody dies.
In UK violent crime, somebody gets a smack in the mouth.

I am sure that there are far more guns in the gang areas of LA than in
New Hampshire. That doesn't make LA the safer place to be.

BillK