[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Gun control [was Re: the roadtohell]

Thomas FitzGerald amergin3 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 08:02:25 UTC 2004

Hello, all.

I've been lurking on this list for quite a while now, but am finally moved to post by a topic of great import:  New York State is absolutely no part of New England whatsoever. The third southern New England state isn't New York; it's Connecticut. Replacing Connecticut's crime rate with New York's makes me wonder about how accurate some of the other pro-gun stats are....  ;-)

Cheers,
Tom FitzGerald

Steve Davies <Steve365 at btinternet.com> wrote:

Mike Lorrey wrote:
> Northern New England, sir. Crime rates in New York, Massachusetts and
> Rhode Island are on par with other high gun control areas of the US.
> NH, VT, and ME crime rates have been lower than our neighbors for a
> very specific reason.

I was thinking of the nineteenth and early twentieth century actually when I
said historically. Is New York a part of New England btw? I thought it was
usually put into the "mid atlantic" category.