[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Gun control [was Re: the roadtohell]

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 12:10:58 UTC 2004

Connecticut was left out of the comparison because it is a combination
of high crime/high gun control areas and low crime/low gun control
areas. WHile NY is not part of New England, it is part of the
NorthEastern US. I was not specifying New England as a whole, I was
comparing northern New England states with the rest of the NorthEast...

Your misperception makes me wonder about the comprehension capabilities
of other anti-gun types.... see how easily an insulting phrase cane be
turned around one you???? ;)

--- Thomas FitzGerald <amergin3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I've been lurking on this list for quite a while now, but am finally
> moved to post by a topic of great import:  New York State is
> absolutely no part of New England whatsoever. The third southern New
> England state isn't New York; it's Connecticut. Replacing
> Connecticut's crime rate with New York's makes me wonder about how
> accurate some of the other pro-gun stats are....  ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Tom FitzGerald
>
> Steve Davies <Steve365 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
> > Northern New England, sir. Crime rates in New York, Massachusetts
> and
> > Rhode Island are on par with other high gun control areas of the
> US.
> > NH, VT, and ME crime rates have been lower than our neighbors for a
> > very specific reason.
>
> I was thinking of the nineteenth and early twentieth century actually
> when I
> said historically. Is New York a part of New England btw? I thought
> it was
> usually put into the "mid atlantic" category.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                       - Gen. John Stark