[extropy-chat] Be[ing] or Not Be[ing]

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 06:29:24 UTC 2004

> Johnius:

> 	On UCSD TV, there was a recent series of lectures by
> 	'educated' people, including 'scientists', who took
> 	great pains to poke holes in evolutionary theory and
> 	to try to prove that it is extremely unlikely that
> 	the universe wasn't designed....

Why is it not obvious to the casual observer that to
claim the universe was designed by a creator merely
pushes off the problem of origins to another place
and another time?  It doesn't solve a single thing
to say our world is too complicated to have evolved.
Life had to *start* somewhere and somewhen.