[extropy-chat] Re: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 7, Issue 18

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Apr 20 10:42:17 UTC 2004

Chris Phoenix <cphoenix at CRNano.org>:

>Even scientists reject observations all the time.  They read the data
>differently.  They assert that there must be errors in the method.

yes, true

>They
>attack the credentials of the observer.  They change the subject.  They
>build strawman attacks, and frequently even appear to convince
>themselves.  They form cliques.  They tell their students not to even
>read the claims, and certainly not to investigate them.

to be fair, I don't think that this is the norm. Yes, it happens,
but it is not the common way that scientists (that I know, anyway)
think about and solve problems.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/