[extropy-chat] That's not my post - delete it

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 9 22:08:30 UTC 2004

--- Gina Miller <nanogirl at halcyon.com> wrote:
> However, I did not send a
> message to the list.

Of course you did.  This one, for example.

You didn't send *that* message, though... ;P

> The email has a zip file
> attachment, thus, I can only speculate that this is
> bad news and there for suggest you don't open it
> simply delete it.

It's a known virus/trojan spreading mechanism: send
email pretending to be from a known user, make minimal
(usually unsuccessful) efforts towards endorsing the
attachment as something to be opened, and send code to
repeat the mechanism (and maybe do other things) as
the attachment.