[extropy-chat] evolution of food

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed Aug 18 11:45:08 UTC 2004

Hm. What an interesting thought! Agreed, more food is available more
often... summer fruit in winter, fresh vegs year round, etc. But...
still the quality is frequently "off" so I buy locally fresh when
available. And grow what I can because even locallly grown isn't as
yummy as fresh picked off my own plants!

The expense of pre-prepared food in the grocery is too high. I buy
bread and milk and butter and such, but people think of those as
basic although they used to be made at home. I look at the "pre-cut"
"fresh" veggies in my supermarket and they are nasty, all brown edges
and wilted leaves, even though they're in special "fresh-keeper" bags
and twice the price. I don't buy them. Tried a few, not again. Ugh.

IMO pre-prepared food has a *long* way to go before it replaces plain
food. Krispy Kreme donuts are an occasional treat, though! :)))

Regards,
MB