[extropy-chat] Real Extropians don't drive SUVs

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 20:07:16 UTC 2004

Yes, of course it depends on the tires (and many other factors). My point is
that SUVs without winter tires will perform just as poorly as sedans/wagons
without winter tires. AWD drives, but there's nothing magical about an SUV
that makes it perform better on ice.

It is pretty funny watching Atlanta drivers freak out at the little snow and
ice we get. Of course, if you can recover from laughing about people buying
up all the bread and water at the grocery store.

BAL