[extropy-chat] The Simulation Argument

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Dec 3 17:41:40 UTC 2004

On 3 Dec 2004, at 18:31, John K Clark wrote:
> Yes but it's not clear to me that it forbids an infinity of worlds
> either.
> And even if Many Worlds is wrong there could still be an infinite
> number of
> real super civilizations; the observable universe is finite but the
> entire
> universe is certainly much larger, possibly infinitely larger.

John:

But there has been a finite amount of time since the Big Bang. The the
universe might be bigger than we can see, but not infinitely so. I had
thought astronomers had seen pretty close to the beginning of things.

best, patrick