[extropy-chat] Re:Resuscitation: and Armchair Cryonicists-hypothermic liferaft

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 15 09:01:49 UTC 2004

The concept goes thusly:
The liferaft =
-sleeping /body bag like sack made so that no 2 arms or legs touch each
other or body
-zipper + ziplock seal
- control/RFID biomonitor keypad with on outside
-stage 1- evacuate liner to ensure good skin contact with sack
-person put inside without outer clothes , shoes etc
-put cooling hood or cap over all of head less face, face cover ziplock
cover after body cooled off
-start in 2 parts; activation of emergency cooling packs layer of sack
to quick cool body; hood cooling cycle
co2 based for higher cooling rate
-infusion of adjuvants may include:
Caffeinol as neuroprotectant; berberine in DMSO solution as
neuroprotectant; cannabidiol in DMSO solution as neuroprotectant
-optional defib cycle to pump neuroprotectants into cooling  body uniformly

The adjuvants are designed to allow the brain to survive a longer
cool-off time than the usual 3-5 minutes.
as well as allow for easier re-start of body by hospital medical team
-once body temp is near 32F optional external hookups to maintain cooled
body during extended transport

Once the working prototype is designed and tested  , the actual mfg
costs may be quite reasonable

Morris Johnson